Glastonbury 2003 : An Festivale

Worthy Farm, Pilton, Somerset. Friday 27th - Sunday 29th June, 2003. Now with added super-fenceTM

Whassat?

Glastonbury Festival. You know, muddiness, musicality and mayhem. All sorts of trippy new-age weirdness. Urban outdoorsmen. Travelers. Well-to-do students from the home-counties. Druids. Tents. Noders. Britnoders, no doubt. What more could you want?

I don't want to add to the hype (too much), but tickets went on sale today, and are likely to sell out well before the festial starts.

Update: April 1, 2003... Blimey! Glastonbury 2003 has sold out in less that 24 hours! Tickets are going on ebay for up to a £1000 a pop. The world has gone stark, raving, bonkers. That nice Mr. Eavis has issued a statement indicating that tickets won't be officially issued until two weeks before the event. More as it happens.

The Plan

Noders already going with friends try and meet up for at least one afternoon's worth of mini-meet.

Noders wanting company at the festival attach themselves to noders already going.

I am open to suggestions for a meet-up location and time, but recommend we meet somewhere central and easy to find, whilst it's still light. This is where organisation gets a bit tricky for me, since I've never actually been before. This is where you come in. I will be taking /msgs until much nearer the time.

The Line-up

  • Not announced yet, but pretty much certain to include REM, Radiohead and loads more. Prince was rumoured, but apparently mud and high-heels don't mix.

Update: April 1, 2003 (from http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/glastonbury/)...

The following artists have apparently confirmed rumours that they are playing:

Alabama 3, Richard Ashcroft, The Coral, Elbow, Feeder, The Flaming Lips, Dave Gahan (Depeche Mode), David Gray, PJ Harvey, Idlewild, Interpol, The Libertines, Moby, Mogwai, The Music, Beth Orton, The Polyphonic Spree, Queens of the Stone Age, Radiohead, REM, Sigur Rós, The Streets, Suede, Sugababes, Super Furry Animals, Supergrass, Clare Teal, Turin Brakes.

Noders with Tickets (ordered at least)

ConfusionTheWaitress, Just_Tom, trembling, StrawberryFrog, spodoxymoron

Correspondence

(britnoders) CtW said something about a "w00t". Well, I 0wN3rZ Glastonbury, so there!
(britnoders) trembling says Glastonbury tickets are mine! All MINE! Mwahahahahah!!
(britnoders) a scar faery says i would be volunteering there if not for schooling being somewhat compulsory. *gnash, moan*
(britnoders) will says The mud
(britnoders) shimmer says Re Glastonbury I coped very well with the two muddy years, but the drunks and nasty dealers are too much :o(
StrawberryFrog says Of course, I don't *have* a ticket for glastonbury yet, but I have ordered it. Still need to organise everything else, tent, company, etc. oh my.
twilight009 says Advice on where: Stone Circle, Sunday afternoon. Bring a sign or banner. Glasto is waaaay too fuckin' big without *something* to set you apart. I'd be going, but I'm stuck in Italy this year. Good luck.
a scar faery says re Going for the sex and the drugs, the rock 'n' roll is a bonus: An E2 Glastonbury Gathering: radiohead AND sigur ros? *weeps* :)


Any additions? (e.g. Seeking/offering lifts? Want to share a tent? Want advice? Have advice to share?) /msg me.

The festival itself is outstandingly well covered at www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk. If you're wondering what to expect, pop along there first.