This is a delicious and fast recipe that you can make with on-hand pantry ingredients. Both kids and adults love this.
Peanut Butter Pasta with Peas
Adapted from Vegetarian Express by Nava Atlas and Lillian Kayte (1995)
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water, according to package directions.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except for peas and optional ingredients) in a food processor. Process until smooth. Taste and adjust flavors if necessary. (Sauce will be thin but will thicken on standing.)
- When pasta has about 4 minutes left, add peas to pot and return to boil.
- Once pasta has finished, drain and return to the pot. Add prepared sauce and toss well to cover. Add diced tofu, if using, to warm through.
- Serve topped with chopped scallions, if desired, and pass hot sauce to anyone who'd like to spice up the dish.