I'm not afraid anymore. -Kevin, Home Alone

I used to be afraid I'd be afraid. I used to be afraid that even the thought of commmitment would roll me over like a bulldozer on a pancake. But not anymore

Why?

Kari and I have been going out for about 5 months. It's more like 3, because of both of us believe it's right to take it very slow. I'm glad we both made that decision.

This Halloween weekend I went to a cabin 20 miles outside of town and spent some time with Kari and some other friends (my siblings too). I never had a shadow of a doubt that every minute I spent with her was like tasting fine wine. I became drunk with love.

Saturday night we spent half the night talking, laughing and just savoring each others company. I now have no doubt whatsoever that this is love. This is a love that doesn't need tons of cuddling and kissing. This is a love that doesn't need any kind of sexual affirmation. This is a purely spiritual, emotional and mental link between me and the most incredible woman I have ever met.

Does marriage look far over the horizon? No. Not right now. But not because I have a fear of commitment; it's because I'm only 18. I'm only learning what love is. Saturday was a taste of love. I know love is more and I am willing to keep learning.


On a seperate note, this node marks my 70th WU, which means I'm now a level 3. I know daylog is a cheap way to do this, but I promise I'll make up for it in the future.