Favorite of Nick the Greek and formerly-popular, Faro is a simple game with close to even odds.

First, players place their bets on a card rank. You may place bets on ("back") as many cards as you like. This is often done with a second deck of cards with one suit face-up, but work with what you have, you know? A maximum and minimum bet is often set by the dealer.

The dealer then burns a card (the soda card) and reveals the next. This card is the losing card. All players with bets on this rank lose. The dealer then reveals the next card, the winning card. All players with this rank win. The payouts are 1:1. This is a turn. Bets on cards neither winning nor losing may be left on or removed for the next turn. If the winning and losing cards are the same, the bank takes half the bet. It is from this rule that the house derives its small edge.

Final three cards

If you can bet on and call the order in which the final three cards are dealt ("Make the Turn") correctly, you win four times your bet. However, if two are the same suit (a "cat hop") you only win twice your bet, and if they are all the same suit (a "case"), no bets are taken.

Special bets

Split bets

You may place your bet on multiple cards, which is called splitting. Your bet counts in full towards both cards in this event. That is to say, should you bet 4-5, you win if either a 4-5 is the winning card.

Coppering

A coppered bet is betting that the reverse of the condition will happen. For example, a coppered bet on 5 is a bet that 5 will be the losing card.

High Card

A bet that the winning card will be higher than the losing card. Can be coppered.