It's a programme, developed by a company called Nuance Communications, that allows you to talk to your computer and it'll write it down for you. It is advertised as being 99% accurate.

As long as you have low standards and your not all that alarmed by simple grammatical miss takes, like the ones in this paragraph for example. But then again, we live in the age of txtspk so it's maybe just moving with the times.

Occasionally it comes up with something totally alarming and hilarious.

Like when I tried to write a sharply worded letter to an opposition landlord in one of my firm's cases, said opposition landlord having illegally evicted our client, I accidentally asked the little hoogstraten that was the other side to "provide our client with cheese, that he may regain access to the moon formerly occupied by him."

Or when I advised a client that he may be able to approach his local Environmental Health Officer over "conversation dampness."

The cake, though, is taken by my former boss. He accidentally sent off a letter which featured the line, "I have received the bastard's advice." I am pretty sure that learned counsel's parents were married.

I should try to write a node with Dragon NaturallySpeaking - and yes, it ALWAYS gets that phrase right. Tee hee hoddle ha. I wonder how accurate it would be. I suspect it would be very a cue rat indeed. It certainly wood not mix up simple words on a routine base is nor would it forget to add in punctuation Marx. Tie pose would be all but eliminated. While you can train it to be more accurate with your voice, this takes time and involves reading more passages from books out, and it's a bit of a drag.

What it doesn't get right are the fact that it picks up heavy breathing and puts in loads of unnecessary little words like "a" and "the" and "is" every verse end. You then spend just as much time going over what you've written and correcting everything, taking out the bits where it's written "As of December 2000 and eight," and suchlike that you end up taking just as much time as if you'd typed it.

Thankfully, if it wasn't for my ninja typing skills, there'd be a very bemused District Judge out there who'd have ordered our client to be given a stack of Stilton immediately upon service of this order upon the Defendant.