Television series aired by CBS from 1965 through 1969.

In the mid-1960s, CBS married two adventure concepts, secret agents and the old West, and created a series called The Wild, Wild West. The show premiered in September 1965 and starred Robert Conrad as James T. West. West was an old West version of James Bond. He worked for the Secret Service during the Grant administration. Like any good spy, West was armed with a myriad of gadgets and hidden weapons. These included:

  • A derringer hidden in his coat sleeve that would slide into his hand.
    "You are powerless, Mr. West. My evil plan will succeed, because I have disarmed you!"
    "Really?" (Small gun slides out of West's sleeve into his hand)
    Bang!
    Villain dies.
  • A throwing dagger hidden down the back of his coat
    "Put your hands behind your head, Mr. West! None of your sneaky shooting me with that little gun, like you did my brother! I have it and your other guns, so my evil plan will succeed!"
    "Really?"(Knife appears in West's hand from down his coat)
    Stab!
    Villain dies.
  • A false heel in his boot that contained whatever he needed, but most often plastic explosives and a fuse
    "We have you locked in this cell, Mr. West, and have taken all of your weapons! You killed our two older brothers, but the other six of us have defeated you! Now our evil plan will succeed!"
    "Really?" (A bomb appears from West's boot and is attached to the door)
    Boom!
    Lots of villains die!
West was helped on his missions by his partner Artemus Gordon played by Ross Martin. Gordon was the science geek and master of disguise, who played all of the major roles a sidekick is supposed to play in an action series.
  • Someone for the hero to explain the storyline to ("So, Jim, what do you think the Indian chief meant by "metal stick of fire?")
  • Someone to pull the hero out of a deadly situation ("Thanks, Arty! If you hadn't dressed up like Molly the barmaid, I wouldn't have been able to get away.")
  • and Someone for the hero to rescue ("Thanks, Jim! If you hadn't come in and kicked the ass of those thirty guys, I wouldn't have been able to get away.")
The Wild, Wild West ran for four seasons. West and Gordon traveled all over the southwest, fighting evil in its many forms. Their reoccuring villain was Dr. Miguelito Loveless, a evil genius with big plans and a little body. The part was played by dwarf actor Michael Dunn.