David Bowie, international rock superstar spanning across 4 decades, is finally releasing a new album.

The new album is called Heathen, and will be released on June 11th by Columbia Records. This is very exciting news for Bowie fans.

His last album, ...hours, was released in 1999. It thrilled many fans, and disappointed others. It was a sentimental album with a lot of songs from the broken heart. The songs really had nothing to do with Bowie.

Then, sometime last year, Bowie announced that he had a new album coming out called Toy. It was to be a remix of his old songs from the sixties. Noone has heard about it since.

So in a surprise announcement, Heathen was born to Bowie fans. It was produced with Tony Visconti, who has worked with Bowie on some of his other albums, such as Heroes, Low, and Scary Monsters and Super Creeps.

David Bowie is now 54 years old. His popularity peaked in the seventies and eighties, with legendary albums such as Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars and Diamond Dogs. His image changes often, and dramatically, and his personality leaves a powerful impact on the music community before it transforms into something new. Many believe his career is over, that he is too old to continue performing; while others compare him to a fine wine -- getting better with age.

So, Bowie fans, or fans of music in general, watch out for Heathen, hitting stores on June 11th. And always remember: listen to yourself before you listen to others opinions. Don't let trends or peers affect your better judgement.