Bow (no last name given) is a character on the 1980's cartoon She-Ra: Princess of Power. He is a man who is very skilled at archery, thus his name. Bow is a member of The Great Rebellion, who are striving to free Etheria from the evil reign of Hordak. As such, he is the companion of Princess Adora and her alter-ego She-Ra, and is the show's main male character, as well as being (vaguely) a love interest.

Honestly, there isn't a whole lot to be said about the characterization of Bow, being that he was a character in a show designed for girls with short attention spans. But most of what can be said about Bow, as seen by today's jaded, ironic, hip and (quite often) stoned out of their mind late at night watching cartoons adults, is that Bow is flamingly gay. Apparently, pointing out the hetero or homosexual innuendos in both He-Man and She-Ra has been done many time before, and Bow is one of the main exhibits. Bow has a fashionable coif and a mustache, and wears... well, I don't quite know if there is a term for it. It is a metal breast plate that covers his shoulders and down to his nipples, while leaving his muscular abdomen uncovered. And a red cape. And, in one episode, a pink dress. He also plays the harp. And is generally bumbling unaware of what is going on around him, usually needing She-Ra to rescue him after he has been tied up and thrown in a dungeon.

I hope no one minds me indulging in stereotypes like this, because I am more talking about stereotypes about stereotypes than stereotypes themselves, as seen through the lovely tinted haze of ironic Gen-Xers scoffing at their cheezy past. But to sum up Bow, the sometimes-somewhat-competent archer on She-Ra, the top three phrases of description would be "Token Dude" "Kind of Dumb" and "Stereotypically Gay".