So, as far as vulgar libertarianism, the belief that people have no other duty to each other than to make sure that we are not active participants in sending each other to die in the gutter...no, I am not not going to go out of my way to defend that. Especially not to the death. Look, I could quite clearly go over your "opinion" that both our founding fathers and the minimalistic moral law that you consider to be, pun intended, the "gold standard" of human behavior, has no actual anthropological, political or social weight behind it, but is instead the selfish, insipid whining of a suburbanized America who has everything provided for it but in a flash of historical misimagination mostly inspired by Little House on the Prairie, imagines itself as being brave pioneers entrepreneurizing the future while a dull mass of lumpen-proletariat attempts to hold it back...well, why am I going to die to defend your right to rant on about that? If I die, who will feed my cat? Would I seriously die just so that you can work out your ego boundary issues on a series of internet echo chamber message boards. Libertarianism isn't cool anymore. Somethingawful made it official, quite a while ago.

So no, I won't die to defend that. But... you know, you mentioned how much you thought that glitch runs are ridiculous, and that they shouldn't be included in official time attack records. Now, I don't know about death, but I would certainly go out of my way to voice this opinion. I would offend my boss or significant other if they brought up that ludicrous Zelda III speed run, where you somehow, with some type of controller wiggling that no one could actually do in real time, enter in one door and then hexedit buttons until you are somewhere in the game three hours later and then you suddenly win...well, I would tell them they are idiots, consequences be damned. I might make some exceptions for people who are enthusiastic about glitches that can actually be exploited in the original game--- such as Mario's ability to bounce off of bricks even when he touches them vertically. But for glitch runs that involve something that looks like nothing more than CPU vomit, what is the point? It is about as meaningful as punching in a game genie code and seeing the ending. So, while I don't know about death---death is a pretty strong word...I would certainly take some flak to support your views. I would be your fire wall on whatever internet forum you mention, taking the flames, being your wingman as we bring this totally valid point to the poor deluded masses.

But back to that Randroid crap. No, I am not going to die, or even go out of my way, to defend your right to say that view. You can shout that shit at the bottom of a well for all I care. Have you really not studied basic economics or sociology or history or one of about a dozen other academic disciplines that would distort your simplistic view of history as the battle of the brave, rugged individualistic producers against the hordes of unwashed parasites? Do you not realize that your entire view is a result of a pathological, immature expansion of formal operational thinking until the narrative of absolute rights outside of any sort of context has totally monopolized the true story of human development away from larger attitudes of individual and social morality? If you won't go to the trouble of spending 10 minutes thinking critically, am I really going to go out of my way to "die your right to speak"? Oh right, maybe I will, because "rights" are the ultimate good in the universe, in a self-aggrandizing form of self-glorification that has some pretty unsettling implications as far as the psychosexual narrative of total autonomy goes.

On the other hand...how can people say that an opening sequence, followed by a few minutes of seizure inducing counterintuitive jumps and cutscenes, fullowed by the ending sequence...is a speed run? The idea of a speed run is that it is, while very unlikely, still the Platonic image of how the game could possibly be played. The only Platonic thing about glitch-runs is that they are, metaphorically and figuratively, shadows on the wall. If you choose to flame some clueless n00b stuck in veneration of that type of puerile nonsense, I will pull out the big guns so you don't have to. In fact, I will pull out Godwin's Law and even doubleplusgodwin'slaw, if I can somehow fit them into broiling some clueless 13 year old who is doing copypasta about how good some button-smashing, hexediting idiot is at breaking an epic game in three minutes...I will flame for you. No doubt.

So, to sum up...opinions are good. Good opinions are especially good. But when it comes to me going out of my way to support your right to have opinions...for some of them I will, and for some of them I won't.