Thomas Eugene Paris served aboard the USS Voyager (NCC-74656) as helmsman, with the rank of lieutenant, after serving time in Federation Penal Settlement near Auckland, New Zealand after piloting for the Maquis. In 2371 the USS Voyager, along with a Maquis ship, was brought across the galaxy by a creature known as The Caretaker and were stranded there. The Maquis ship was destroyed and the Maquis crew joined Voyager's crew. (The Caretaker)

In 2372, he, with Captain Janeway attempted to break the Warp 10 threshold and achieve infinite speed. This then caused both him and Captain Janeway to 'evolve' at a greatly accelerated pace. Eventually, The Doctor was able to revert them back to their normal state. The writers apparently didn't realise that individuals don't evolve; populations evolve. (Threshold)

In early 2374 he was assigned additional duties to sickbay to assist the holo-doc, the original medical staff having all been killed earlier. (Revulsion)

In 2375 he was demoted to Ensign and put in solitary confinement for thirty days after violating the Prime Directive. (Thirty Days)

Tom Paris and B'Elanna Torres entered into a relationship in 2374 and on February 2, 2377 they got married. (Day of Honor and Drive)

In December of 2377, their daughter was born just as Voyager reached Federation territory. (Endgame, Part 2)

Tom Paris is a graduate of Starfleet Academy.

Tom's character is based on Nick Locarno from The First Duty (TNG). They were going to be the same person but the producers decided Locarno was incorrigible so they decided to make them different people.

Tom Paris is played by Robert Duncan McNeill on Star Trek: Voyager.


This writeup is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.