Commander Geordi LaForge is the Chief Engineer on The USS Enterprise-E (NCC-1701-E) under Captain Picard.

He wears a VISOR because he can't see otherwise and it's hard to fix stuff when you can't see it. Sometime between Star Trek VII: Generations and Star Trek: First Contact he got ocular implants so he doesn't need the VISOR anymore.
His best friend is probably Commander Data.

Played by LeVar Burton.

Born February 16, 2335 at the African Confederation, Earth to parents Captain Silva LaForge and Commander Edward M. LaForge, he attended Starfleet Academy, from 2353 to 2357.

In 2357 he was assigned as an ensign aboard the USS Victory under Captain Zimbata and in 2363-2364 was promoted to lieutenant junior grade and named chief con officer, USS Enterprise-D (NCC-1701-D) under Captain Picard.

In 2365 he was promoted to a full lieutenant and transferred from command to the operations division and named chief engineer and in 2366 he was promoted again to lieutenant commander (sometime between TNG seasons two and four).

In 2372 he was transferred to the USS Enterprise-E (NCC-1701-E) after the USS Enterprise-D (NCC-1701-D) was destroyed in Star Trek VII: Generations.


This writeup is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.