I agree with most of domaindudu's write-up.
I agree that drug-taking is a Personal Choice.
I agree that Alcohol is a harmful substance.
I agree that there are a lot of myths related to drug use.


I do not totally agree with the comments abouts the risk in everything we do.

domaindudu: "But to me the fact remains that there is risk in everything you do, daily. You board a plane, there's a risk it will blow up halfway to your destination."

Then domaindudu goes on to say that that discussion is beyond the scope of the write-up, it may be beyond the scope of the individual write-up, but seeing as it has been brough up I will include it within the node.

The difference between boarding a plane and taking an illegal drug is that the plane has to be tested first.

I believe the organistion is called the FAA in the United States. Each aircraft, pilot, travel route component.. etc for each flight has been tested, and it must adhere to guidelines and standards. This is done to maximise the safety of the people flying.

The problem with Ecstasy and other designer drugs is that they are not tested. There is no organisation that monitors manufacturers, ingredients, or any other aspect of the drug. Unless the buyer sets up a lab and tests samples for themselves, they do not know what they are taking.

Alcohol is damaging, but the user knows ( within reason ) what it is they are drinking unless they are completely reckless in their drinking.

This is known because all commercially available alcohols are tested and re-tested, the only way to obtain untested alcohol would be to brew your own ( It is still known what is in it ) or obtain it from a non-legal source.

If someone chooses to have a drink of beer, they are not risking ingesting the kind of chemical cocktail that may exists within any of the little tablets.