prev daylog next daylog

Daylog is a bit of a weak word for what this is. This is more of a week log, as I haven't been spending too much time on E2, and a lot of the time I DID spend here was on discussing the annhilation of a certain node of mine (see All noders are created equal, but some are more equal than others).

A few days ago (Wednesday I think), I was on my way to a friend's house, with my girlfriend. I was wearing beach sandals (because it's hot in Israel). My advice of the week is: Don't wear beach sandals while driving. I took a turn, and my sandal slipped from the break to the accelerator pedal. For those of you who have never taken a turn too fast, let me just say: "don't". So I lost control of the car, slid left, tried to correct , slid right, started understanding that this is NOT GOOD, hit a car on my left, moved to the right, tried to correct the steering wheel, tried to break again, was fast coming to the realization that there were no breaks in the car (a false deduction; my sandal was merely stuck under the break pedal), hit the other car again, did a 180, drove backwards, against the flow of traffic, did another 180 (more controlled now, still no breaks), and slid comfortably to a perfect reverse parking in the bushes at the side of the road.

I ran to the other car (I was fine), to see if there were any injuries. Before I had gotten to it, an ambulance was there, asking if we were alright. This would never be seen in a movie, as it would appear too unrealistic. We said we're fine. And we were.

The next day I went to a person to appraise the damage from the accident (you have to do this for insurance purposes), and he didn't believe that all the damages were from the same accident. Maybe it's because my car was so battered anyway (see previous daylogs for extensive damage survey). So that sucks. I'll have to get a bit fixed, but just what the insurance will pay for.

Oh, I almost forgot; on the day of the accident, I also got a report for talking on my cellular phone while driving. How annoying.

Israel today really sucks ass. It's like we've gone back about 10 years. It's almost a state of war. The PM has declared that there will be news broadcasts on Yom Kippur, which means there is a state of emergency. What with the 3 kidnapped soldiers, and the Palestinian revolts, everything is crazy here.

It doesn't look like it's going to end well. The solution is so simple: everyone just has to accept that everybody else is a human being, an individual and not just one of a group, and everything will be fine. Ha! it's so easy! Unfortunately, that will NEVER happen. All we hear is "us" and "them". It never happened and never will. I guess people will just have to keep on dying for stupid reasons.