user since
Sat May 10 2003 at 06:37:01 (20.9 years ago )
last seen
Wed Jun 18 2003 at 10:10:48 (20.8 years ago )
number of write-ups
2 - View Floin's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 4
mission drive within everything
To defend the frontier from Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada
specialties
cycling, video games, Black Ops, computers
school/company
Whatsamatta U
motto
Last one in is a rotten egg!
most recent writeup
Mark Katz
Send private message to Floin

I live in Austin; lived here since '95 and in Central Texas since '89. given that and the fact that I was BORN in Texas (Ft Hood, '77, do the math; God, I feel old) I feel justified in complaining about the tech-sector Johnny-come-latelys who have turned this town into a glut of commercialization and done everything in their power to destroy the unique spirit and morality that Austin once possessed. Now that the dot-com bubble has burst, most of the sharks have left to go to other feeding grounds, and the rampant teflon-coating has backed off a bit.


Hypocrite warning: I work in the tech industry and made a good living during the boom, but I still feel that this city gave away some of its soul during that time.


Austin folk: Next time you're stuck in traffic and you see an out of state license plate, make a note of it. Chances are VERY high that it will be a Florida plate. Don't know why, but it's true. I thought all our imported geeks came from California.