My first day log. Everyone else is doing it, and I want to be cool, right? Might as well give it a try.

Monday. I hate Mondays, especially since I've had an extra class added to my Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule. I'm an English teacher in South Korea. I now teach 6 back-to-back hour-long classes on those days. I'm also the head foreign teacher at the school, which means I have to do level tests and conduct meetings. On the other hand, I also get paid an extra 200,000 Won a month, so I shouldn't complain.

I'm currently "teaching" my last class of the day. Only two students in the class, both exceptionally brilliant, and one is absent today. I gave the other one, Fred, some questions to research on the Internet. He's sitting beside me now, and I'm answering the occasional question while writing this. I feel like a big brother to him. He says I've inspired him to want to study physics like I did. Best compliment I've ever received from a student. What a kid.

I fell in love yesterday. My love life is so complicated these days. Some background: I've been having a relationship with a 36 year old divorced Korean woman with two kids. I'm 23 years old. Obviously, this relationship cannot last forever. I never intended to get involved with her, it just kind of happened.

She was the supervisor at my school. She got fired because of our relationship. I didn't, due to the double standard. Now she's moved back to Daejeon, while I'm still working here in Suncheon. I go visit her once in a while, and we continue the physical side of our relationship when I do. This might have to end soon.

I've been kind of seeing this girl, Eun Jeong, who works at a bar called Parthenon. Nothing has happened between us, but she seems to like me, and yesterday, I was walking home and thinking about her, and suddenly became aware of the characteristic tingle that means I'm falling in love with someone.

Meanwhile, this other girl, Mi Young, asked me out last week, and we had our first date on Saturday. It never rains, but it pours. She also seems nice, but since I suddenly realised I'm starting to feel something for Eun Jeong, I think things will probably remain Platonic between me and her.

Two working weeks until I get to go back to Canada for my Christmas vacation. Aside from my mother coming to Korea to visit me last February and my friend Eric visiting me a couple of months later, I haven't seen any of my friends or family in nearly a year and a half. Needless to say, I'm very excited about this trip.

20 minutes left in the class. Fred is using Google to find out how geysers are formed. When class is over and he's gone, I'll log on to IGS for a few games of Go, and then back to my apartment. Thank God Monday is over. Tuesdays are much better than Mondays. Only 4 classes, and some of my favorite students.