A moment, if you please... being the "layman" in question here, one is faced with the sudden proposal that uneducated curiosity about the formal frontiers of science leads to inaccuracy, a compounding of ignorance, and a cultish sort of new age culture based on pseudo-science. With this in mind, I'd like to propose a consideration - that Heisenberg's principle can therefore be extended to actual human curiosity, in respect to the fact that the more we know about science, the less those who are unacquainted with science can know. The knowledge as a whole is disparate, and the reality of the situation is that people cannot know all things at all points in time.

The result is a class of pseudo-intellectuals and pseudo-academics who believe that the unwashed masses of civilian Einstein and Hawking worshipers should go jump into a black hole. Regardless of how intelligent you are, or how intelligent you wish you were, I would like to therefore note that the best example I know of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle is that which is presented in a quote by Douglas Adams: "There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

Modern Physics Abuse Syndrome, therefore, is not (IMHO) the relentless attempts of morons to understand that which they cannot know, but rather is simply the disparate state of knowledge and ignorance as held by every person in the world. It is an example, not a crime, and if we take away the right of people to apply anti-logical extensions onto these theories, we remove the aspect of "chaotic not-knowing" from the whole deal. Without that, theories become the sole property of the pseudo-intellectuals, who know because they have been initiated, and have become something which despises human curiosity.