John DeLancie is one of the most versatile and charismatic actors in all of "Hollywood." He has the remarkable ability to make the viewer believe in his character. So, it was natural that he became famous for playing god. Literally. In three different series of Star Trek television shows, he's played god - the Q, or simply: Q.

When he was in grade school, it was discovered that John had dyslexia after he failed the fifth grade. Later, he went on to act in various plays in high school, notably Shakespeare's King Henry V, and his father was astounded; young John later won a four year scholarship to Juilliard. This led to a string of small acting jobs, when Universal Studios contracted him for two years. He appeared on numerous shows, culminating in Days of our Lives, as Eugene Bradford. After that, came Star Trek, and Q. John appeared in nine episodes, spanning three different shows and 8 years, not to mention the fact that he appeared in both the first and last episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

He has appeared in many movies, such as The Hand That Rocks The Cradle, and The Fisher King, and his stage credits are much too in-depth to go into here.

His present project is Alien Voices (with Leonard Nimoy, http://www.alienvoices.com).