Why tell me, as you are leaving, that you don't want to go? Is it supposed to make me feel better? Because it doesn't. If you don't want to go, don't go. It really isn't that difficult.

Why tell me, when you give the job to somebody else that really, you thought I was better, that the decision was made by your boss, or your colleague, or was simply because I was overqualified or you thought I would be too expensive. Those kinds of reasons don't pay my mortgage or my phone bill. If it wasn't you who made the decision, get the one who did to call me, and maybe they can tell me something that will help me get the next job.

Why tell me, when you take something from me that you know I wanted, that it wasn't to hurt me that you took it? Whether that was your intention or not, you knew it would hurt, and you did it anyway. You didn't care about the pain it would cause, so why would you care what I thought of you, after?

Why tell me that something is okay if you don't want me to do it? If you tell me you are happy for me to do something, I'll believe you, and blaming me for it later is pointless. I'm not psychic, and can only act on what I know. We'd all be hurt less if you said 'no' from the beginning.

Why tell me, when something goes wrong, that you always had doubts about it? If that was the case, why didn't you say so, before the decision was made? Or if you didn't mention them then, why mention them now? Do you want me to tell you that you were right all along? Okay, you were right -- but I never knew it till now.

Why tell me empty reasons, or excuses, or justifications? I don't need reassurance and I don't need to be humoured, all I need is truth.

If you can't tell me the truth, just don't tell me anything, okay?