1. What is your name?

abiessu - more info on my homenode.

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately?

I can breathe through my right ear. Okay, so I guess it isn't really breathing since I can't get air back in after blowing it out, but still... Also, dual whistle is for real.

See my homenode for background, nothing much to say after that except a BA in math, and I have worked as a DDC Technician and Applications Developer for over three years. I've been developing a game for the past 11 years, and since it hasn't gotten as far as I would like it to, I've added another smaller game to my projects list so I have something I can finish. The intent is to release both for free on Win*, Linux*, Mac/ios4, and maybe a couple other ports. We'll see how it goes.

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

Through Slashdot, back in the day when there were only a couple writeups shown per node, I clicked on a link for "everything" thinking "doesn't the internet already have everything?"

After a year or so of seeing the link from Slashdot and following it occasionally, I decided to actually grab a noder ID and see what I could make of this place.

4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

Cyclohedron will always be my favorite because this is my proof that I am a mathematician (even amateur mathematicians are mathematicians), and because it is my first writeup. Odd-Even Theorem is simply the culmination of what I thought I knew by the end of college. Total Annihilation and Computational Models of Experience express some of my gaming intensity and addiction.

My notelet holds the following links for noders that I used to keep track of, whether because of quality of writing, topic of interest, met them in the real world, or what have you:

killerpenguin theboobookitty jet-poop bexxta professor pi sueber

My bookmarks could tell a tale of favorite writeups, if I hadn't mixed in a set of bookmarks which have nothing whatsoever to do with the content of the nodes in question...

5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

I decided to be gone for the day after experiencing some of April Troll's Day. I was around but too self-absorbed to pay attention to very many other major events...

6. What keeps you coming back?

The thought that a piece of me is here, shared with strangers out on the internet, and I could still write that amazing node that everyone would C!ing and upvote immediately...

7. What do you hope for E2's future?

Mostly stasis... It sounds bad, but I think of E2 as a relic, and as such, something to be preserved.

8. What does E2 mean to you?

This has already been covered somewhat, but it's the one place where almost no one knows my real name; instead, I am known more by what I have written.

9. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

See the former list. I think maybe Lometa and noether and swap too. There are others, but the internet is swirling mists and forgetfulness...

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

Either Jesse Bradford (as seen in Hackers) or Jake Gyllenhaal (as seen in Donnie Darko). Okay, maybe not that dark...

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world."

"The pen cozy."

12. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

A question with better wording that asks "Are there any sites or typical places you go on the internet that you wouldn't have if you hadn't been a part of E2?"

My answer: yes, I don't think I would have taken part in IRC without E2 and the couple downtimes we went through...

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact abiessu or Jet-Poop.