1. What is your name?

My Name is Robert Clifford Patrick Brocken. My noder name is RACECAR as I have been enthusiastic about palindromes since a young age. I also created a noder, BROCKEN to allow my soul to speak of my life in a very personal manner.

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately?

I am from a suburb of Chicago. I live in Minneapolis with my wife, two young babies and a mongrel dog. I create decorative ceramic fish wall hangings. I have been all over Eastern Europe and SE Asia, but those were old lives. Now, I make fish at my studio in St. Paul, Minnesota, am a volunteer tour guide at the Walker Art Center and am a House Husband.

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

I returned from Asia in a flurry of wind in my sails at the end of 2000. A week after I returned, my father died. I wanted to be a writer. A noder, stylee, told me about E2. She was a classmate and friend from High School.

4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

I have read thousands of nodes. I do not have a favorite. I've written a few hundred. My favorites are simple, factual, researched items. My personal essays were a way to exercise word weaving. I always appreciated when other noders really let out their personal history in well written essay.

5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

Favorite memory is April Trolls Day. I was astounded. Least favorite; every time I read some half assed junk. Including my own.

6. What keeps you coming back?

Reading about life. The personal relationships. The magnitude of truth in some of the nodes here.

7. What do you hope for E2's future?

I've always said that E2 will be a course of education for the future someday. I want to be part of that idea.

8. What does E2 mean to you?

In many ways, E2 saved my life. I cannot express the emotion involved with the write-ups I contributed, the write-ups I read and openly wept whilst reading and the laughter and hope it brought to me and so many of you. I made friends and I found a truth within myself.

9. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

I snuck in this place between Halspal and riverrun. We were always at the bottom of the other noders list. I read everything they wrote. JohnnyGoodyear and his numerous faces always amaze me. Of noders I miss the most, myself.

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

Me. Because RACECAR.

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world."

Insects. They do so much the rest of the world never notices.

12. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

If you didn't ask, I reserve the right to not answer.

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact RACECAR or Jet-Poop.