1. What is your name?

Stuart/Lord Brawl

2. What is your quest?

I have retired from questing. I was batting well below the Mendoza line and sometimes you just have to hang 'em up.

3. What is your favorite color?

I like Cornflower Blue (#6495ED), accented with yellow or burnt orange.

4. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

Introduced by the long-fled kamamer.

5. What do you see as the most significant changes that have happened to Everything over the past decade?

The people who've come, the people who've gone, they people who've stayed. e2 is people. (I swear that There Used to be a Node there, but all I can find is an empty shell.)

6. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

Pretty much any of the Lost Gems of Yesteryear, or my bookmarks (at least those that still point at content, which happily still seems to be most of them).

7. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

I met a lot of good people who I'd never have had a chance to have known without e2. Unhappy memories are of people who were part of 'us' but had personal troubles that we couldn't help/heal/prevent, especially those later lost to us in mind, body, or spirit.

8. What keeps you coming back?

Although I seldom have the time to write, I still check in to see that e2 keeps going (and going...). About once a year the Nodegel calls me and I'll add a writeup or two.

9. What do you hope for E2's future?

I hope that e2 can remain a community first and foremost. e2 is people in a way that more ubiquitous sites are not, and can never be. Like any community the population changes, people move in and out, but as long as e2 keeps its spirit (and someone's generous with funding bandwidth) it can live on and have meaning.

10. What does E2 mean to you?

e2 is part of my past now, like other things I've sadly had to leave behind, yet with fond memories. Yet reading the current logs and some of the other interviews reminds me of why my time came to walk away, and that this place is no longer my place, at least not now.

11. Is E2 a writing site, a community site, an online encyclopedia, or something else? What should it be?

I had the chance to answer this through my efforts both as a writer and at the editorial helm. I have no regrets. I feel that I need to say no more.

12. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

I miss y'all, I truly do. (Well, other than a handful of miscreants and unrepentant trolls, whom I have mostly forgotten, yet some of whom seem roundly missed. It's funny how different some things seemed from the Big Desk.)

13. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

Jerry O'Connell, who bears a passing resemblance, but only if the shooting script can include Summit in Savannah so he can do Riverrun's final scene of that epic. The image haunts me still.

14. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

This space intentionally left blank. There does seem to be at least one, but you'll have to ask it directly.

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact Lord Brawl or Jet-Poop.