I know medicine is a good thing. It saved countless lives. But is America getting completely dependent on drugs for cures for everything? In a country where little 4-year-old kids are given strong depressants and the like, I think this is getting completely overboard.

I know some people who do not give a hoot about the recommended dosage. They take pills in mouthfuls out of the bottle. Isn't that kind of dangerous?

I dunno, but when you get a simple flu, where I come from, you don't take an entire round of strong antibiotics. Doesn't that end up deteriorating your natural resistance and increase your dependence on drugs in future encounters with the disease?

I'm no doctor, but every time I get sick in America, I go to the clinic, they prescribe medicines for the most trivial of ailments. Either they are trying to rip us off, or America is becoming way too dependent on drugs for defense against illness.

Ritalin for little kids? Now that is completely ridiculous. Kids are supposed to be active aren't they? Feeding them strong depressants probably is not a very smart thing. And isn't Prozac just another different form of Valium? A drug for depression?!? Go out and play some sports or something. Or find a new hobby or something. As far as I know there are so many housewifes and the like out there completely addicted to Prozac and they don't know it.

I'm no medical expert, but from the looks of it, medicine is way over-abused in America.