life...don't talk to me about life.

i spent the morning sick, tired, and hungry, trying desperately to get out of bed and failing time after time. i made it to class, somehow, despite this. i stumbled into work early (by some miracle), clutching a yet unopened can of red bull, and was confronted wth a xerox request. 260 copies 1->2 sided stapled. not bad, except that the copier here only does stapled in sets of 20, and on humid days, like today, attempts to feed 10-15 sheets of paper at a time. so here i sit, having wrestled the copier into submission over the course of two hours, made a paperclip sculpture of a dancing girl while waiting for the copies to be made, and folded all 260 memos and put labels on them. my job title here is "technical strategist", yet somehow, i wind up folding memos, answering the phone, walking to north campus (about 1.5 miles from my office) to deliver papers...at least they pay me well. no, actually, they don't, i just tell myself that so that i won't lose my mind and throw my rubberband ball out a window. i'm very tired right now, and i just want to sleep alone in my tiny bed until everything settles down, but i have a 10pg paper due tomorrow. i think i forgot to eat. i think i ate yesterday, but it's sort of fuzzy. don't get me wrong, i *like* food. i just get a little distracted sometimes. my uncle is coming into town tonight, and i hope i can tear myself away from my next paper long enough to go to dinner.

and for those of you who care, here's last night's paper on Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.