still before breakfast, and one nasty letter to a conceited preacher out of the way already. i have to confess, i'm not even a christian, however, i firmly believe that a person should take the precepts in their religious texts seriously. i know i prolly ought not to copy-paste, but i just can't resist sharing this one:


I was reading the Easter issue of Connection, and I saw the article in the back about the church with a Starbucks in it. Now, i don't know about you, but I find that to be patently offensive. Allow me to quote Matthew 21:12-13

12 And Jesus entered the temple of God and drove out all who sold and bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money-changers and the seats of those who sold pigeons.
13 He said to them "It is written, 'My house shall be called a house of prayer'; but you make it a den of robbers."

From a strictly Christian perspective, one has to wonder how any church could agree to have a corporate conglomerate serving coffee on their premises, especially in the same building in which worship is performed. I understand you have also undertaken to have a coffeeshop, but i have come to understand that it is not attatched to the worship building. If I am incorrect regarding the location, perhaps it is time to give some thought to how far the 'house of prayer' extends. Is it the room with the chapel? Is it just the nave? Is it the whole building?

Honestly, though, our congregation would like to know what you think.


I couldn't help it. honest, doc, i plead insanity. of course,pastor skip was just begging to be reamed. for one, he quotes my favourite bible passage incorrectly in his television ads. yeah, i know, different versions print different things, but i checked; i can't find *one* that agrees with him. *shrug* i guess that's enough wackiness for now.

crap. it's friday, isn't it. friday the 13th...and boy, does it feel like it.


22:38
i have been unable to reach frater shinma today. his connect has been idle for 10hrs, 52min. i fear he is in the hospital again. god damn me. i should have been watching him more closely. kinda shoulda sorta woulda...like in that lemonheads song...but i was at work, for chrissake! by the time i got home, he was gone. no note, no email, no memo on the answering machine...and there isn't a damn thing to do but wait. almost funny how hollow and impotent i get to feel, having been cut out of the loop...i wonder if he knows that i love him. the youngest should never be the first to go...