Being a landed person of means isn't all societal parties, schmoozing, and fornicating. You've got to keep the little people in line; it's your God-given duty as their better! A populace sated is a populace sedated. Bread and circuses, my friend, bread and circuses.

When your commonfolk aren't busy getting press-ganged into military service or harvesting potatoes, or God knows whatever it is they do all day, they need to be entertained just like you and I. Still, it would be silly to expect them to understand the cultural appeal of Bacchanalia or fine art the way we do; you must present them with entertainment that speaks to their level.

Consider the following, and remember that a happy mob is the best prevention for an angry mob.

Bear-baiting

A classic of vulgar entertainments. Bears! Baiting! What more could the masses ask for?

What you'll need:

  1. A wild bear
  2. A chain
  3. A sturdy post
  4. Several angry dogs

What to do:

  1. Chain a wild bear by the neck to your sturdy post.
  2. Gather some peasants.
  3. Gather bets on the first dog to go down, the first dog to get a hold on the bear, and the pair of dogs to bring the bear down.
  4. Set the dogs on the bear.

Bull-baiting

Once considered the national entertainment of England, it is responsible for the breed of dog now known as the bull-dog. Their mouths are such that they can continue to breathe while maintaining a solid grip on a bull's nose.

What you'll need:

  1. A bull
  2. A chain
  3. A sturdy post
  4. Several angry bull-dogs

What to do:

  1. Chain the bull by the neck to your sturdy post.
  2. Gather some peasants.
  3. Collect the bets on the first dog to get tossed by the bull, and the first dog to get a hold on the bull's nose
  4. Set the bull-dogs on the bull.

Badger-baiting

Nothing proves a dog's worth better than wrestling with the sharp bits of a perturbed badger. Adds a little spice to the usual series of bear-baitings.

What you'll need:

  1. A badger
  2. A barrel
  3. Several angry dogs

What to do:

  1. Put the badger in the barrel.
  2. Gather some peasants.
  3. Take bets on the first dog to pull the badger out of the barrel.
  4. Set the dogs, one at a time, on the badger.

Dogfighting

Having proved that the dogs can take down bears, bulls and badgers, why not set them on each other? Recycle, Recycle, Recycle!

What you'll need:

  1. Several angry dogs

What to do:

  1. Gather some peasants.
  2. Take bets on which dogs will get the first solid bite on which other dogs.
  3. Pair the dogs against each other, or, optionally, set all the dogs against each other in a giant orgy of doggy violence.

Cockfighting

Allergic to dogs? No problem! Cockfighting has been called the "royal entertainment."

What you'll need:

  1. Several angry cocks

What to do:

  1. Gather some peasants.
  2. Take bets on which cockmaster will lose the fewest cocks
  3. Pair the cocks against each other, or, optionally, set all the cocks against each other in a giant orgy of cocky violence.
Prize-fighting

If you pit your strongest peasantry againt each other, they won't be able to team up against you. Kill two birds with one stone!

What you'll need:

  1. Several angry peasants

What to do:

  1. Gather some peasants.
  2. Take bets on which fighter will go unconscious or blind first.
  3. Pair the fighters against each other, or, optionally, set all the fighters against each other in a giant orgy of prize-fightery violence.