user since
Fri Oct 19 2001 at 13:37:55 (22.4 years ago )
last seen
Wed May 13 2020 at 03:36:37 (3.9 years ago )
number of write-ups
20 - View Carwash_'s writeups (feed)
level / experience
2 (Acolyte) / 380
mission drive within everything
Avoid flaming death.
specialties
Runology. Archæology. Children's Books.
motto
No fate.
most recent writeup
Nucklavee
Send private message to Carwash_

Smiles and thanks to nevermind_me, vega_star for hanging in there, and CapnTrippy for giving me my first "C!". Big up yourselves. Or something to that effect. Thanks also to wertperch, stupot, Oolong, Gritchka, liveforever and a scar faery for their suppot and encouragement. And I'd like to thank the Academy...

And thanks to people who have C!ed me:


Things to node at some point:

  • Calender Inaccuracies
  • Infant Baptism
  • Tea Towels
  • Wallace Reyburn
  • J.M. Barrie
  • Hoven Droven
  • The Viking Age
  • Viking Age Rochester
  • ;
  • Orcadian Things:
    • The Kitchener Memorial
    • Brochs
    • Kirkwall
    • Stromness
    • Orphir
    • Maeshowe
    • Westray, Orkney
    • Papay (Papa Westray), Orkney
    • Pierowall
    • Westray Skiff
    • Westray Regatta
    • Cleaton House Hotel
    • Pierowall Hotel
    • St. Magnus
    • Olaf Tryggvason
    • A variety of Orcadian folkloric creatures.
    • A variety of Orcadian dialect words.

Furthermore, I solemnly covenant that at least 90% of my writeups shall be factual writeups.

As for me, I am 2m tall, and weigh eleven and-a-half stone. I get a kick out of mixing Metric and Imperial measurements in the same sentence, as well as numbers as numerals and text. You don't need to know this, but if you've read this far then you're probably so bored you don't care any more. Anyway, it fills the time, doesn't it?

Mmmm... oh, and I have grey/green eyes that reportedly change hue slightly depending on my mood. For obvious reasons I have not noticed this myself, but it seems to be an appreciated "endearing quality", and I've always wanted one of those. One step closer to completeness...

My hair Has recently been shaved off completely. No more mohican. I intend to grow it to a tousleable length for fingers to run through.

I was born on the 30th March 1981. I can eat more than a kilo of chocolate at one sitting with no ill effects, and regularly do. I wear glasses, and take a 13 and-a-half shoe (UK). Make of that what you will.

As with so many Christians, I wasn't so much converted as brainwashed from birth. Unlike so many, I make no bones about it. Nevertheless, I came to the decision myself, when I was 14. My parents seemed worryingly surprised at this turn of events, come to think of it. Anyhoo, I'm not very good at it, but that's okay because God understands and is graceful. If we were all perfect Christians, Christ may as well not have bothered, and then where would we be?

My musical tastes are varied to say the least, but I can't be bothered to go into that now. Maybe later. But my favourite band are the "Smashing Pumpkins". I play the trombone rather poorly. I enjoy longboarding, and don't allow my utter lack of ability to impede that enjoyment. In no particular order I like runology, anime, Scandinavia, chocolate, broccoli, coffee, archaeology, and technical things. I don't like Disney, GAP, and people who leave the crusts of their pizza.

If I am ever stuck for something to node, I research something I read in Hunkin.