A list of some of the most gruesome methods for killing people in the medieval time.
- Rats: The executioner puts a cage filled with rats on the bowel region of the body. As everyone knows, rats are terribly afraid of fire (well at least wild rats are, the tame ones usually are not). So the executioner lights a fire behind the rats, and they eat their way through the intestines of the person being executed.
- Cuts: The executioner carves a thousand small cuts in the person being executed, this person would (after a long time of misery) bleed to death.
- Bone breaking: The executioner breaks just about every bone in the human body with some sort of baseball bat. The final smash (to stop the heart) was applied with a large steel hammer.
- The stake: People were to burn at the stake... alive.
- Quartering: Legs and arms were separately tied to four horses and each horse would run away.
- Beheading: A large sword or sometimes an axe would decapitate the person being executed.
- Sawing: The criminal was hung upside down and sawed in two pieces. auch!
- Hanging: Criminals were hung at the gibbet and died either by breaking their necks or by choking to death.