Nothing is ever easy.

Lemmings, for example, was not easy. It's the first game that managed to get not only me and my brothers, but my mum hooked as well. Lemmings 1 was the begining of the adventures of our "friends".

If you have been dead in a ditch for the past few years, the object of Lemmings is to get as many of the little...
Lemmings...
to the exit as is possible. The problem is that the lemmings come out of the trapdoor and will start heading right until something stops them, like a large drop, for example.

So, you have the divine ability to turn lemmings into things. For example, you could turn a lemming into a Blocker with a button and it will stop, put its hands out, and turn all lemmings who run into it in the opposite direction.

Lemmings one, originally designed by DMA - of Grand Theft Auto - had enough levels to last quite a while unless you got hopelessly addicted. You'll never guess what happened....

Not long after, Oh No! Not More Lemmings was released to an unsuspecting world, containing another complete set of levels. Then in 1993, Lemmings II came out. 50 new types of lemming and - shock horror - a storyline, and each copy came with a book of the adventures of a Lemming. I've still got it somewhere, it was memorable only for a single joke:

"He thought he saw a huge Bombing aeroplane as he was walking through the Desert, but it was only a Mirage"

Anyhue, Lemmings 2 was almost completed by me and my brother (and totally completed by many people). I should point out here that almost every year between Lemmings' release and about 94/95, a "Holiday" lemmings was released at christmas, containing a) a whole new set of levels each year, and b) Lemmings in Santa outfits.

In Lemmings 3 - A Whole New World of Lemmings - Lemmings now got abilities by picking them up, which relived the "I've seen all these abilities before" thing that wasn't really ever a problem. Also it only came with 3 of the Tribes from L2's 12, which was a marketing ploy to release 3 more versions of L3 when it was a roaring sucess

It wasn't. Lemmings 3 was not good.

Lemmings 3D was a francise by Clockwork Games, It was, basically, lemmings in 3D, which meant that you had to turn some of the lemmings 90 degrees. It was a nice game which suffered from a couple of technical flaws, mostly that it only worked on Soundblaster Sound Cards, but mainly because it was released just as Windows 95 was becomeing a requirement and simply would, and will, not run on a machine with Windows 95, 98 or NT installed. Which is a shame.

Lemmings, Oh No! Not More Lemmings and a travesty called Lemmings Paintball were released for a Tenner a couple of years ago under the title "Lemmings for Windows 95", and re-released with the Lemmings 3D logo on the front (It hasn't got L3D in it) as "Ultimate Lemmings" on the Replay label recently.

Which brings us to the present. Lemmings Revolution is lemmings wandering around a tower, probably to get to some kind of exit, hence the "revolution" part of the title. Ha. Ha. Ha.
Psygnois (and I really am not sure of the spelling on that one) released a one level demo of LR in the Summer withdrawing it on September 15th last year (1999). When you downloaded it you were asked to fill in a questionaire to see if you liked it. People liked it enough for it to become a reality.