Being a jerk to pick up girls

It's a well known fact that when it comes to dating, many girls tend to gravitate towards jerk guys. Perhaps girls see jerks as a challenge, a project to work on, or perhaps they only date those bastards since they see the nice guys as a rare commodity to be collected; too valuable to chance losing through the potential stresses of a relationship. Either way, there is hope for the nice guy to slightly change his ways in defense of this dating flaw.

When talking with a girl whom you may like to pick up, there are certain things you can do to portray a certain "jerklyhood" while not losing the nice guy qualities that you hold dear. When it comes down to it, girls claim to be attracted to asshole types since they convey a certain confidence about them. There's also the rebel factor, and the danger factor, but confidence appears to have the largest impact. As such, here are a few things that most nice guys don't normally do, that can decrease your chances of falling into the friend zone.

First of all, start getting comfortable with not always being on the girl's side. From experience, nice guys tend to agree with practically anything a girl they're interested in says. They're having problems at work because they told their idiotic boss off? Don't defend them, agreeing with how stupid the guy is, bring up the fact that no matter how stupid a boss is, you shouldn't tell one off! Not the best example, I know, but I think it gets the point across. Make a point to NOT agree with at least half of the stuff girls say. Get a little debate action going on! It's not only fun, but it lets the girl know that you're not a wimp, while also showing that you're good intellectual company.

Second, start voicing your opinions, no matter how non-"PC" they are. If they talk about how much they love a certain movie that you think was crap, say it was crap! Bring up how a female president would never work because girls are too moody, how retarded children take up too much government funding, or how doing tests on animals is perfectly logical. The trick here is the same as above: showing that you're confident of yourself, and that you're not the typical nice guy.

One more thing that you should do on your journey into jerkdom is get used to not giving into girl's requests. These are small things like not giving up the Sprite you got out of the machine if it was the last one and they really wanted a Sprite. Girls will try to manipulate guys in situations like this, just because they know they can get what they want. Don't do it! They need a ride somewhere? Don't be the first to offer. Show them that you can't be manipulated (like those loser nice guys!) right off the bat.

One other quick note, if a girl is ever talking about how lonely they are, and how they don't have many friends, don't say "Hey, I'll be your friend!" It may be sweet and kind, but if you get them thinking of you as their friend, that's all you'll be.

Now there are a lot of things to be careful of if attempting the nice-guy-to-jerk-maneuver. First of all, these are just various guidelines, don't get carried away with them! The goal here is to not be a complete total asshole, but to show confidence and let them know that you're not a pushover weakling. Still keep your manners and such, just don't be a whipped pansy. The most important thing to watch out for is that your jerk-hobby doesn't carry over into your personal and professional life! This may sound improbable, but it is very easy to get off on the arguing/oppinionated you, but it can cause trouble if your friends are still used to the nice-guy you! This happened to me when I first started this, but luckily I caught it before all of my friends abandoned me! So keep that in mind.

This node is just meant to throw out a few points to ponder over. The trick is to get a girl interested in you first, and then you can be that nice guy that you pride yourself on so much. I'm currently having some good results, so if you're tired of every girl you like becoming another "good friend" then you may want to keep these points in mind: Don't be a pushover, be confident enough to express your own opinions, but still show that you're not complete and utter scum.