I'm so frustrated and upset that I've started crying.

This is not good because I'm at work right now and I am in an exposed area of the front office, so practically anyone can see me if they wander by, and there's just no way most of them could wrap their minds around why I'm so upset, and for a couple of them, I wouldn't even want to try.

Obviously, sometime during one of my non-E2 periods, there must have been some huge debate and/or brouhaha regarding the whole concept of furries. I will have to assume that yossarian, on the other hand, was present and has had more than enough of the whole thing.

There are a lot of people out there who hear the word "furry" and get a very strange mental image of what someone who calls themselves a furry is and does. This isn't helped by the media, who, for mostly sensationalist reasons, prefer to focus their attention on the more extreme of the group. This is the same thing that happens when a report of a gay pride parade keeps their cameras pointed at the flamboyant transvestites making all the noise, but who usually make up less than 5% of the whole.

People who can't look beyond the most obvious but non-representative members of any community really, really, really piss me off. And there was one of those in the Chatterbox today.

The subject of furries came up. This noder reacted in the usual knee-jerk way of closed-minded individuals by declaiming that "furres are fucked up in the head." When I asked why this person thought that, the response was "you're not supposed to find animals attractive." I'm assuming that this is supposed to be in some sort of sexual context, as any person, furry or not, likely has found at least one animal attractive to look at. Unfortunately, by this time yossarian had made it clear that furry debating was not to be done today.

My return to the noder was "wow... I keep forgetting that even E2 has really small-minded people sometimes, too." I was the first to be eaten. Then followed, in quick succession, three others.

My last borging lasted an hour, with no warning. The very thought that I would be stuck, incommunicado, for an hour crushed me. I don't know why, I'm usually more stoic about these things, but this time it just wiped me out.

It's not like I don't have other avenues for chatting. ICQ is usually running. And it's not like I didn't have something to keep me occupied, as I was in the middle of noding something for the Content Rescue Team. But that's all scrapped now.

So now I've stopped crying, vented my frustration, and can't manage to get up the wherewithal to bother with anything. I can't even figure out how the hell I'm supposed to wrap this up, and I'm depressed, too, so I don't really give a fuck, either.

My sense of balance will not let me hit the Submit button until I mention that after a mere five minutes or so, yossarian released us all from the belly of the borg.