Here's something for the ages -

Let it not be forgotten what kind of behaviour ruined baseball at the end of the 20th century and on into the 21st. I loved watching baseball as a kid and wanted to be a pitcher when I grew up. Now I can't stand to watch it at all and Roger Clemens' actions on the mound tonight are a perfect example of why Major League Baseball players make me want to kill.

In the 2000 MLB season, much hoo-rah was to be had over the feud between Roger Clemens, a pitcher for the New York Yankees, and Mike Piazza, catcher (and world series DH) for the New York Mets. In a baseball town that has gifted baseball with so much honor, pride and class over the years, it was shocking to everyone when the slapfighting between Clemens and Piazza escalated to the point of Clemens intentionally throwing at and hitting Piazza during an at-bat in an early July game in the 2000 season.

Tonight, on October 22nd, during game two of the World Series, Mike Piazza was 3rd to bat against Clemens in the bottom of the first inning. Clemens threw two fastballs to the inside corner for strikes, threw low and outside for a ball, and after a foul ball Piazza took a swing and the bat broke. The jagged, sharp, broken barrel of the bat rolled out to Clemens' feet, which he then scooped up in his glove and hurled at Piazza as he advanced down the first baseline. Seeing as how this was entirely unprovoked and a very dangerous thing to do, it cleared the benches and almost resulted in some old school asswhipping.

I wish it had. I wish someone would have grabbed Clemens and broke him over their fucking knee. Congratulations Rocket, people like you are an extremely huge part of the problem with major league baseball today.