So, it's 7.20pm on New Year's Eve, and at this point, I rate my chances of going out at around 10%. But that's alright. I’m not feeling mopey or maudlin, just ambivalent. I'll probably stay up past midnight, as I usually do, but not actually doing anything to 'celebrate' the new year ... and really, why bother? It’s far too hot, and any social aspects are easily countered by the inevitable headaches of drunkenness, the horror of packed trains on a hot night, followed by giving up waiting for a taxi, and probably ending up walking 45 minutes up a mountain to get home. No thanks.

Overall? Not the best of years. A couple of hiccups with employers, contracts drying up, and so forth. But I’ve landed on my feet at this last place. Innovative work. Latest technology (who can complain about having several plasma and LCD TV's in their vicinity, and the freedom to watch new release movies and HDTV?), ability to work from home, and a lot of international travel.

My goals for the next year? Visit the US. Quite a bit. Build my websites - both my project and personal sites. Save money. Be happy. Successful. And "lucky in love". It's not too much to ask, is it?

So there we are, the three-minute-wrap of my life. Do you feel more enlightened?