All of the below is based on an office conversation. We all came to the unanimous decision that:
would be destroyed, (nothing personal but it would) it's true, think rationally for a minute. If NT
source code hit the market, at no price (yeah right) then all the little nitpickers who don't like this or that, would soon form the perfect OS
- There would be a million different flavors!
- You would have stability and compatibility.
- True standards would be formed.
- All the excess "crap coding" would be removed and "Lindows" or whatever the hell they would call it, would dominate the market.
- Most versions would probably be freeware like Linux is now.
- The world would stand together holding hands and dance.
This is how I see the market
would take to "Lindows", I honestly think that it would take dominating control
over all Operating System
If I'm wrong you could still bet on it giving Linux
a run for it's money
Luckily, we live in a world where Microsoft would never allow that.