Twang is also the name of a food manufacturer in San Antonio, TX that has been making various tangy-salty products since the 1980s. The company sells a variety of flavored salts, including lemon-lime, chili powder, and pickle, among others. Twang packages their salt into shakers and as single-serving packets that can be added to food, or mixed into drinks like beer, margaritas, and bloody mary cocktails. Although Twang is technically a seasoning, it's conceivable that some people could rip open a packet and just pour it right into their mouths.

Twang operates a web site at twang.com, where visitors can order any Twang product, as well as read the company's obligatory statement of sympathy about September 11th.

Twang (?), n.

A tang. See Tang a state.

[R.]

 

© Webster 1913.


Twang (?), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Twanged (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Twanging.] [Of imitative origin; cf. Tang a sharp sound, Tinkle.]

To sound with a quick, harsh noise; to make the sound of a tense string pulled and suddenly let go; as, the bowstring twanged.

 

© Webster 1913.


Twang, v. t.

To make to sound, as by pulling a tense string and letting it go suddenly.

Sounds the tough horn, and twangs the quivering string. Pope.

 

© Webster 1913.


Twang, n.

1.

A harsh, quick sound, like that made by a stretched string when pulled and suddenly let go; as, the twang of a bowstring.

2.

An affected modulation of the voice; a kind of nasal sound.

He has such a twang in his discourse. Arbuthnot.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.