A short rhyming poem or song meant to be difficult to recite quickly, due to assonance, consonance, alliteration or repitition.

One liners

  • Double bubble gum bubbles double.
  • She said she should sit.
  • I wish you were a fish in my dish.
  • Dust is a disks worst enemy.
  • If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
  • She sees cheese.
  • Silly sheep weep and sleep.
  • Real weird rear wheels.
  • Knife and a fork, bottle and a cork, that is the way you spell New York.
  • There was a minimum of cinnamon in the aluminum pan.
  • While we were walking, we were watching window washers wash Washington's windows with warm washing water.
  • He thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.
  • Red leather yellow leather copper kettle brittle brattle ska dittely dee ska dittley doo.
The shorter the tongue, the harder it gets to twist.

Rubber baby buggy bumpers begins sounding incredibly vulgar after you say it enough time. "Baby-pumpers? Oh my!"

I believe that the hardest tongue twister ever is "Unique New York." Not being a speech pathologist or somesuch, I cannot say this authoritatively, but suffice to say that I've never met anyone who could reliably say it three times fast. :)

NB: I consider unique to be a word that go funny if you look at them for too long.

The sun will surely shine soon.

That's got to be my favourite tongue twister of all time.

Imagine managing the manger at an imaginary menagerie.

Mix a box of mixed biscuits with a boxed biscuit mixer.

A cuckoo cookie cook called Cooper could cook cuckoo cookies.

Five fine Florida florists fried fresh flat flounder fish fillet.

A three-toed tree toad loved a two-toed he-toad that lived in a too-tall tree.

Red rubber baby buggy bumpers bounce.

The sick sixth Sheik's sixth sheep's sick.

The instinct of an extinct insect stinks.

Growing gray goats graze great green grassy

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.