Big, green, bald DC Comics superhero. Born on Mars, oddly enough. Has a wide variety of superpowers, including flight, super-strength, super-speed, telepathy, shapeshifting, and "Martian Vision" (heat vision with the serial numbers filed off). He's also got a weakness/phobia about exposure to fire. His real name is J'onn J'onzz (pronounced "John Jones" -- how convenient), and he spends his free time shapeshifting into various human disguises, giving him whole bunches of secret identities.

The Martian Manhunter is one of those grim, brooding guys, though he's sometimes shown a really wry sense of humor. His classic costume consists of a blue cape, blue undershorts, and red cross-your-heart suspenders -- he would not look out-of-place stripping at a bachelorette party. His more recent costumes tend to be more modest. He loves Oreos -- but DC isn't allowed to use that trademark, so they just call them Chocos

Generally considered the last surviving inhabitant of Mars, he is a founding member of the Justice League of America, but since there are already so many superheroes in the United States, he acts as the semi-official superhero of the Southern Hemisphere. He's so overwhelmingly powerful, with so many different powers and abilities, he really should be considered the most powerful being in the DC Universe -- but no writer has ever really been able to figure out how to write him and make him interesting -- and to make his personality stick from one comic to the next. So he's mostly a background character.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.