A variety of sexual position in which the man enters the woman and basically stays there for a LONG time. The Buddhists use it primarily as a spiritual ritual for expanding the connection between lover's souls. Very deep stuff; and frankly nobody I know has the time or dedication to actually use this stuff the way its supposed to be done, not even myself. :P

Tantra is generally percieved by most in the Western world as merely some kinky sex thing the East Indians came up with. A few of the slightly more enlightened will tell you it has something to do with controlling or avoiding orgasm. To those who've had the pleasure of studying the Kama Sutra and the Tantras, however, it can become almost an obsession.

Western Tantra, or Neo-Tantra, is generally used in association with sacred sexuality. Original concepts have been blended with ideas from Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Wicca, Christian Gnosticism and more.

"Real Tantra", as it is known to the purists, is not only a vast field of study but also a very rigorous spiritual discipline. Students of Tantra seek altered states of consciousness, spiritual enlightenment, and inner peace through various rituals and processes, some of which are sexual in nature.

Basically, Tantra can be a religious experience, a field of study, a way of life, or a really fun part of your sex life. No matter how far you chose to persue it, however, it's definitely worth looking into.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.