One of my favorite dishes of all time. Sweet and sour pork
has a wonderful flavor
, and goes extremely well with rice
and almost any type of tea
. This is somewhat different from sweet and sour chicken
. I like this one better, because you can fry
it and make it crunchy
. You can also add some vegetables
into it, I like pineapple
because the sweetness
contrasts with the sour
taste of the sauce
. It also goes very well with coke
, especially if you deep fried
it and it is fresh out of the kitchen
and very hot
has a cooling
effect, and that stuff is hot
Anyways, here is the recipe. Enjoy.
- 1 pound pork, cut into bite size (I like shoulder pork)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 green or red pepper (I prefer [red), sliced and cut
- 1 onion, cut
- 1 carrot (I omit this because I don't particularly like carrots, however, some people like it a lot)
- 3 rings of pineapples (I add more, because they taste so very good)
- Put 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon of salt and 1/2 tablespoon of sugar into the pork. Mix it up.
- Stir in the beaten egg.
- Put the pork in a paper bag, put in the cornstarch and shake it. Leave it until it is moistened through.
- Deep fry the pork until it is light brown. Set it aside. If you want it crunchier, fry it more. Don't underfry it though. It will taste very nasty.
- Remove the oil. Pick out one tablespoon of the used oil and use it to fry the peppers and the onions until medium soft.
- Add the other veggies and 1/4 cup of vinegar, 1/4 cup of sugar and 3/4 cup of water. Let it simmer.
- Stir the pork in.
- Thicken it a bit with a mixture of 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 2 tablespoon of water.
- Serve it up. Eat it with slight dry rice (see How to cook rice).