In military practice, anyone not wearing the uniform of his or her country and secretly or under false pretenses obtaining information in enemy territory with intent to communicate it to his or her own army.

Spy

A Quake Team Fortress Class

The Spy is a medium speed, fairly lightly armored class. He can wear a maximum of 100 green armor. He uses a knife, a tranquiliser gun, the super shotgun, and the nailgun. His grenade types are Hand and Hallucogenic. A fantastic infiltration class, the Spy can often get inside incredibly well defended bases. His limited weaponry make him a weak fighter if the enemy is aware of his presence... but if they're unaware, he can kill them before they can blink.

Knife: The knife gives the Spy his ability to work as an Assassin. He does 2x the damage of the axe with it if he hits an enemy in the front, and 6x the damage of the axe if he stabs them in the back.

Tranquiliser Gun:

The tranquiliser gun fires darts coated with a sedative drug. Anyone hit by it suffers a loss in both movement speed and weapon firing speed. It uses shotgun shells for ammo.

Undercover:

The spy's main skill is his ability to go undercover. This does one of two things, depending on the server you're playing on. Server admins choose which method they want to use.

- Spies become invisible when they go undercover. While undercover, he uses up cells slowly, and if he runs out of them, he becomes visible again. While not undercover, he regenerates cells slowly.

- Or, the recommended setting, when Spies go undercover, they change their skin and/or color. This is a more complex setting than the invisibility, but ultimately more fun and allows for more strategy. If a spy attacks or shoots while undercover, he'll lose his cover. Other things can force a spy to lose his cover too... they depend upon the map being played. Grabbing a flag usually removes a spies cover.

Feigning:

The spy pretends to die. Note that while you're pretending to be dead, players will still see you move if you look around.

Commands:

"disguise" : Go undercover.
"feign" : Feign/Un-Feign death

Other Notes:

A Spy can detect undercover enemy spies when he comes into contact with them.

Spy (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Spied (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Spying.] [OE. spien, espien, OF. espier, F. 'epier, OHG. spehn, G. spahen; akin to L. specere to see, Skr. spa(). 169. Cf. Espy, v.t., Aspect, Auspice, Circumspect, Conspicuouc, Despise, Frontispiece, Inspect, Prospect, Respite, Scope, Scecimen, Spectacle, Specter, Speculate, Spice, Spite, Suspicion.]

To gain sight of; to discover at a distance, or in a state of concealment; to espy; to see.

One in reading, skipped over all sentences where he spied a note of admiration. Swift.

2.

To discover by close search or examination.

Look about with yout eyes; spy what things are to be reformed in the church of England. Latimer.

3.

To explore; to view; inspect; and examine secretly, as a country; -- usually with out.

Moses sent to spy Jaazer, and they took the villages thereof. Num. xxi. 32.

 

© Webster 1913.


Spy, v. i.

To search narrowly; to scrutinize.

It is my nature's plague To spy into abuses. Shak.

 

© Webster 1913.


Spy, n.; pl. Spies (#). [See Spy, v., and cf. Espy, n.]

1.

One who keeps a constant watch of the conduct of others.

"These wretched spies of wit."

Dryden.

2. Mil.

A person sent secretly into an enemy's camp, territory, or fortifications, to inspect his works, ascertain his strength, movements, or designs, and to communicate such intelligence to the proper officer.

Spy money, money paid to a spy; the reward for private or secret intelligence regarding the enemy. -- Spy Wednesday Eccl., the Wednesday immediately preceding the festival of Easter; -- so called in allusion to the betrayal of Christ by Judas Iscariot.

Syn. -- See Emissary, and Scout.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.