A sovereign community is any group - family, school, business organisation, nation, world, creation - presided over by a sovereign ruler. An individual can also be considered a sovereign community consisting of three members: mind, body and spirit. The sovereign ruler being the spirit.

Sovereign communities have boundaries that separate them from the environment in which they exist - the region in which the sovereign ruler dwells and presides. For a family, it is the family home/property. For an individual, it is the body.  Sovereign communities are subject to the same fundamental laws as all other bodies in the universe. In the absence of any external influence, they will:
  1. resist being moved from rest or from the linear path on which they move.
  2. require a force proportional to their size in order to move them.
  3. respond with equal force and in the opposite direction to any force applied.
The force required to move a sovereign community can be either a pull or a push, which manifests as rewards and punishments. Rewards and punishments are the means by which a sovereign ruler can motivate community members in the direction towards the chosen objectives. Since individuals are also sovereign communities, rewards and punishments become objectives for which their sovereign rulers (spirits) can choose to strive.

In any sovereign community, imposition is an unavoidable consequence of allowing free will, since members of the community whose objectives or path to the objectives differs from the sovereign ruler, will feel imposed upon and will have to deal with feelings of discontent. Listen to what God had to say to Cain in regard to his feelings of discontent:

"Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it."
-- Gen 4:6-7

Who determines what "doing well" means? The sovereign ruler, and those who are happy to do well will get a nod of approval, a pat on the back, a well-done-good-and-faithful-servant, but those who are not happy to do well will get inner turmoil. What's God advice? Rule over the inner turmoil, otherwise it will consume you and cause you to sin.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.