The lowest level monster in the Dragon Warrior / Dragon Quest / Dragon Warrior Monsters series of games. They are the one monster that you have to beat many of to get to the next level during the first minutes of the game (in almost all of them).

What makes this kind of an interesting note is that in other fantasy games, most notably Dungeons and Dragons, slimes are really bad-ass and not meant to be messed with. They mindlessly creep along and destroy / dissolve / dismember anything they come across. Very dangerous for heroes without some kind of magical backup.
Slime has a neat feel to it and it had the gross out factor that little kids seem to really like (Come on, you like it too). I would suggest using this outside as it could get really messy.

You will need the following:

1 box of cornstarch
½ cup water
green food coloring

Mix together and stick your hands in it. Pretend to sneeze. Squish it around with your bare feet. You are having a sensual experience.

Side note: I recently read that someone had recalled playing with slime as a kid and remembered how this stuff stays soft until you hit it or squeeze it, then it gets kind of hard for a few seconds. He then used the properties of slime to create hip pads for older people to cushion the fall should they take a tumble, thereby avoiding broken hips. Yay for playing! It really does pay off.

This substance is similar to ooblick, but has green food coloring added to it.

Slime (?), n. [OE. slim, AS. slim; akin to D. slijm, G. schleim, MHG. slimen to make smooth, Icel. slim slime, Dan. sliim; cf. L. limare to file, polish, levis smooth, Gr. ; or cf. L. limus mud.]

1.

Soft, moist earth or clay, having an adhesive quality; viscous mud.

As it [Nilus] ebbs, the seedsman Upon the slime and ooze scatters his grain. Shak.

2.

Any mucilaginous substance; any substance of a dirty nature, that is moist, soft, and adhesive.

3. Script.

Bitumen.

[Archaic]

Slime had they for mortar. Gen. xi. 3.

4. pl. Mining

Mud containing metallic ore, obtained in the preparatory dressing.

Pryce.

5. Physiol.

A mucuslike substance which exudes from the bodies of certain animals.

Goldsmith.

Slime eel. Zool. See 1st Hag, 4. -- Slime pit, a pit for the collection of slime or bitumen.

 

© Webster 1913.


Slime (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Slimed (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Sliming.]

To smear with slime.

Tennyson.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.