Many decades ago the Mercedes racing team found their cars too heavy. So they scraped off the paint, leaving only the bare metal.

This was the birth of the famous silver arrow, today also applied to the McLaren Formula 1 team.

This is the item needed to slay Ganon in The Legend of Zelda and most of its sequels. The silver arrow is one of the items Link has to acquire during the game; it's usually hidden away in a dungeon somewhere near the end of the game.

In The Legend of Zelda it's hidden in Level 9, Death Mountain, as one of the dungeon treasures. In The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (both Super NES and Game Boy Advance versions) it's a gift from the fat faerie if you toss your wooden arrows into her pond inside the Great Pyramid. The remaining Zelda games did not include the silver arrow; in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest, and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker it was replaced by the Light Arrows, and in the Game Boy games (The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening/The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons) the arrows only had one power level: plain wood.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.