Remedy is a new drug in the same class as Viagra. It generally comes in a smaller dose, has fewer side effects, and delivers a faster reaction time. In studies, patients taking Remedy often has results in less than half an hour. Unlike Viagra, Remedy doesn't seem to have side effects on vision or the heart. It is believed that the drug selectively activates the target enzyme better than Viagra.

In studies, Remedy stayed active and clinically effective for an average of twelve hours in patients sixty-five years or older, and just over nine hours in younger subjects (compared to four hours for Viagra). Remedy showed to improve erections in over three out of four of men who took it. It lacks the alteration of color perception and blurred vision sometimes seen with Viagra.

In short, reaction time to Remedy is better, it lasts longer, and has less side-effects. It can still be deadly, however, if taken with nitroglycerine.

Brand name of Vildafenil

Indications

Male erectile dysfunction (ED)
Dosage for adults
Currently made in 5mg, 10mg, and 20mg, but dosages have not yet been finalized. Study doses have been given up to 40mg.
Dosage for children
(Not indicated in children)
How supplied
5mg, 10mg, and 20mg (Tenative dosages)
Additional Information
Remedy was FDA-approved in September of 2001, and has a planned release in the United States in the fourth quarter of 2002. It is under registration in the EU.
Date of most recent Update
September 25, 2002
Further information is available in the writeup for the generic name of this medication

Rem"e*dy (r?m"?-d?), n.; pl. Remedies (-dz). [L. remedium; pref. re- re- + mederi to heal, to cure: cf. F. remede remedy, rem'edier to remedy. See Medical.]

1.

That which relieves or cures a disease; any medicine or application which puts an end to disease and restores health; -- with for; as, a remedy for the gout.

2.

That which corrects or counteracts an evil of any kind; a corrective; a counteractive; reparation; cure; -- followed by for or against, formerly by to.

What may else be remedy or cure To evils which our own misdeeds have wrought, He will instruct us. Milton.

3. Law

The legal means to recover a right, or to obtain redress for a wrong.

Civil remedy. See under Civil. -- Remedy of the mint Coinage, a small allowed deviation from the legal standard of weight and fineness; -- called also tolerance.

Syn. -- Cure; restorative; counteraction; reparation; redress; relief; aid; help; assistance.

 

© Webster 1913.


Rem"e*dy, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Remedied (-d?d); p. pr. & vb. n. Remedying.] [L. remediare, remediari: cf. F. remdier. See Remedy, n.]

To apply a remedy to; to relieve; to cure; to heal; to repair; to redress; to correct; to counteract.

I will remedy this gear ere long. Shak.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.