Well, here's a first! I attempted to create this node, and it already existed as a nodeshell. Does that mean I'll change my mind about how much I hate these damn nodeshells? I think not.

If you have to eat something at McDonald's, aside from the fries, this would be my suggestion. It's the only thing I can eat there, and I only eat there in a desperate situation. There's a node on here by freeborn about strategies for getting fresh food at a McDonald's. And you tell me this isn't a useful collection of data?

I still remember eating my first 15-cent hamburger at a McDonalds when they first opened. The fries were 15 cents, too (I think). It was in Florence, AL. Almost all of the original golden arches are gone now.

If you want a good burger in a hurry, my suggestion would be to find a Back Yard Burger joint. The tomatoes and onions are fresh and it won't be warmed up in a microwave. Get the hot pepper cheese on it for a twist.

In Australia a Quarter Pounder with Cheese consists of: One Quarter Bun (from Buttercup), 20mL of Ketchup(otherwise known as tomato sauce), .5mL of Mustard, 8 pieces of uncooked onion, 2 pickles, 2 slices of cheese, and one piece of 4:1 meat.

To make a Quarter Pounder at McDonald's you need to:

Split the pre-cut bun in half and put the top in the toaster
Put one piece of 4:1 meat on the grill (four bits of meat to one pound, hence the 'quarter pound')
When the toaster goes off put the bottom part of the bun in the toaster and get the other half out
Place a red collar around the bun
put .5 mLs of mustard on the toasted half
20mL of Ketchup
the onion
place 2 pickles in the center of the bun so that they are not touching
draw back and cough a nice green one on top of each pickle =P
and one slice of cheese

Once the meat comes up you then take the meat off the grill and drain it for 5 seconds to get rid of the fat

Put the meat on the bun and place another slice of cheese Take the other half of the bun out and put it on top of the completed burger.

And there you have it.

In the classic Tarantino flick Pulp Fiction, Vincent (John Travolta) has just returned from Amsterdam and explains to Jules (Samuel L. Jackson) the cultural differences ("it's the little things...") between Europe and the United States.

He starts off with the amazing fact that at a French McDonald's they actually serve beer. ("And I'm not talking about a paper cup, I"m talking about a glass of beer.")

And even stranger: their quarter pounder with cheese is called a 'Royale with Cheese' on account of them using the metric system and therefore not knowing what a quarter pound is.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.