One who watches over a computer lab, examination, or other situation where untrustworthy students need to be kept in line and not cheat, phreak, crack, or otherwise break the environment for others.

The name of Capt. Harris' lackey in the Police Academy movies. Probably the biggest bumbling idiot of the whole cast of charecters next to Sweetchuck. Played by actor Lance Kinsey (Dr. Detroit, Loaded Weapon 1, Honeymoon Academy).

CAPT. HARRIS: PROCTOR?! P-R-O-C-T-O-R?!?! PROCTOR: Coming, sir! (trips over own foot, falls backward into fruit stand, lands in Capt. Harris' crotch, etc.)

Proc"tor (?), n. [OE. proketour, contr. fr. procurator. See Procurator.]

One who is employed to manage to affairs of another.

Specifically: (a)

A person appointed to collect alms for those who could not go out to beg for themselves, as lepers, the bedridden, etc.; hence a beggar.

[Obs.] Nares. (b) Eng.Law

An officer employed in admiralty and ecclesiastical causes. He answers to an attorney at common law, or to a solicitor in equity.

Wharton. (c) Ch. of Eng.

A representative of the clergy in convocation

. (d)

An officer in a university or college whose duty it is to enforce obedience to the laws of the institution.

<-- hall proctor. a proctor(d) who maintains order within the hallways of a school, esp. during a shange of class. THe post is often occupied by a student -->

 

© Webster 1913.


Proc"tor, v. t.

To act as a proctor toward; to manage as an attorney or agent.

Bp. Warburton.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.