Pregnancy is supposed to be a happy time, is it not? A new baby on the way...a little bundle of joy to add a new sense of accomplishment to your life. What happens when there are complications? How can things be happy? So many things can go wrong...preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, placenta previa, a kink in the umbilical cord....so many more....

Even worse? Complications during labor! Women dream of how their labor and delivery will go. A few hours of pain, a couple of pushes and then their beautiful new baby will come out and be placed on her tummy for her to cuddle and hold and, eventually, breastfeed. This is not always the case! How should a woman feel when she is hooked up to so many machines, drugged up beyond belief, her contractions are not doing much of anything and even after she pushes for 3 hours the doctors still need to help her deliver her baby? Then her baby is taken from her immediately...no instantaneous bonding time or breastfeeding. Yes, she now has her baby...and with time the baby is just fine...but that experience stays with you forever.

Men say they would be pregnant if they could...and I believe their sincerity in that statement...but it's not all roses and sunshine. Be careful what you wish for....

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.