The Pointy-Haired Boss is the manager of Dilbert's department in the Dilbert comic strip and the Dilbert animated series (where he was voiced by Larry Miller). He is perpetually clueless as to what is going on in the company. He has no name because that makes it easier to imagine him as your own boss. Scott Adams, the creator of Dilbert, has said that the Boss is a combination of every manager he's ever had on the job.

The Boss began as a bald man with large jowls, but as the strip developed he lost the jowls and his hair become pointier and pointier (a clever visual metaphor that represents him as a devil). He also went from being evil to just plain clueless. In later years he is often seen conspiring with Catbert, the head of human resources. The Boss has an utter disdain for employees, customers, and anything regarding common sense. He's been known to ask for working product demos the day before a trade show, to cancel budgets (but not projects), and to frustrate anyone he comes in contact with. His official job title is "Director of Product Enhancements" (D.O.P.E.).

The Boss has an equally clueless family. His son hid in the attic for four years, allowing his parents to believe he was away at college. The Boss' brother is Phil, Prince of Insufficient Light.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.