the fishes



     `-.    .-'
        |  |
      --+--+--
        |  |
     .-'    `-.

quality: mutable
element: water
ruled by: neptune
Picses is found at the end of the zodiac circle, and represents eternity, spiritual rebirth, and reincarnation. Picseans are thought to be a link to the spirit world, or to old souls. Most picses believe they have experienced past lives.

Picseans have other-worldly attributes. It is believed that picses are half-body and half-spirit, pulled between material existence and spiritual concerns.

Picses is a water sign. It is because of this that most picseans are thought of as psychics. Picseans are loyal, unselfish, and usually generous to a friend in need. Picseans are not concerned with the superficial and with what others see on the surface, but rather usually they see the inner soul, or essence.

Picseans posess superb intuitions and bottomless understanding of others, however at the same time suffer from extraordinary sensitivity which can be viewed as a weakness when dealing with dramatic situations.

Picses is known as the sign of self-undoing, and picseans are usually the creaters of their own downfall. Picseans usually are impractical and fall prey to overindulgence.

Picseans have a high susceptibility to alcohol and drugs. They are also easily drawn into unpredictable situations and to unbalanced people.

Pisces
(February 19th to March 20th)
The Fish
Colours: Violet, White and blue-grey. Blue is the colour of Jupiter, ruler of Pisces.
Stones: Amethyst, chrysolite and topaz..
Metal: Tin
Trees: Fig, peaches and malus.
Flowers: water-lilies, delphinium and dahlias.
Countries: Portugal, the Sahara and the Sudan.
Cities: San Francisco, Alexandria and Seville.

Pisces is one of the mutable signs, each of which is known for a duality of personality. Pisces was thought to be Aphrodite and Eros in Greek mythology, and Venus and Cupid in Roman mythology.

According to the Greeks, when Typhon attacked the gods, Aphrodite and Eros jumped into a river, turned into fish and swam in opposite directions, to confuse Typhon and get away.

In astrology, Pisces manifests this separation as two sides of a Piscean personality. One is Aphrodite, the dreamer, gatherer of wisdom, gentle, feminine, and is the one who makes plans, has desires and wishes for things. The other is Eros, the agressive, masculine, single-minded executor of Aphrodite's will.

This is why a Pisces frequently gives the impression of a slack daydreamer with many goals and no achievements. They are in Aphrodite mode at this point. The spiritual lesson of Pisces in this life is to realise and develop the Eros side, to take advantage of opportunities and actually achieve their goals.

Pis"ces (?), n. pl. [L. piscis a fish.]

1. Astron. (a)

The twelfth sign of the zodiac, marked &pisces; in almanacs.

(b)

A zodiacal constellation, including the first point of Aries, which is the vernal equinoctial point; the Fish.

2. Zool.

The class of Vertebrata that includes the fishes. The principal divisions are Elasmobranchii, Ganoidei, and Teleostei.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.