One who manages whores. Usually found on the street in the hood rather than in a whorehouse. Pimps Up, Hoes Down is a show on HBO which will give a pretty good account of pimping.

PiMP is also the name of Nullsoft's free installer program. It generates a single self-extracting, self-installing executable file for easy installation of programs. It is super tiny (50k overhead), offers all the features the major installer programs like InstallShield have, and is FREE! It is a very useful piece of software.

This has to be the Norwegian equivalent of Engrish.

Pimp is a kind of "freeze yourself" ice popsicle sold in Norway, similar to Mr. Freeze, only much smaller. They come in bags which contain about 20 popsicles (IIRC), which you go home and put in the freezer, and take out the next day.

The bag sports a drawing of a friendly penguin on an ice floe, above which is written in large, friendly letters: "PIMP". I doubt that it is marketed by the same name to English-speaking countries, if at all.

As for the actual ice popsicles, I haven't tried them myself, but they are said to be of poor quality.

Pimp (?), n. [Cf. F. pimpant smart, sparkish; perh. akin to piper to pipe, formerly also, to excel. Cf. Pipe.]

One who provides gratification for the lust of others; a procurer; a pander.

Swift.

 

© Webster 1913.


Pimp, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Pimped (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Pimping.]

To procure women for the gratification of others' lusts; to pander.

Dryden.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.