In addition, Pep was the name of a fictional product in Ducktales.

Fenton Crackshell created a marketing campaign (with the help of another duck, who's name escapes me) extolling the virtues of pep on spec for Scrooge McDuck. Unfortunately, the ad campaign leaked to the public, creating a huge demand for Pep. Only one problem: No one knew what Pep was. So they took an experimental prototype of Gyro Gearloose's, a bubble gum whose bubbles cause the chewer to float, and named it Pep.

This caused problems, of course.

Pep is also a real product, a minty chocolate confection manufactured by Neilson. It's a disc of minty stuff about 7cm in diameter and maybe 5mm thick, coated in milk chocolate. It is very similar to the York Peppermint Pattie, but vastly superior, because unlike the York patty, which is disgustingly gooey, Pep's mint filling has the consistency of thick fudge, so it doesn't dribble down your face while you're trying to discreetly eat one on the bus without the driver noticing. A light, satisfying snack, and at 4g of fat per 48g bar, it's at least comparatively lean compared to most chocolate bars, even if it doesn't stack up against broccoli.

go back to the chocolate bar metanode?

It's also the acronym for Personal Equity Plan, a tax-sheltered investment scheme that was (until recently) available to United Kingdom investors who wanted to save for retirement. The plans have since been replaced by the ISA (Individual Savings Account) scheme.

python.org maintains a list of Python Enhancement Proposals, or PEPs (at www.python.org/peps). These are suggestions regarding the future development of the language, and are quite varied in scope. They are numbered, CVS-logged, categorised, and open to discussion on python.org. The BDFL takes them quite seriously indeed (although several were hastily withdrawn after incurring his wrath). They are also in the public domain. This is an important part of Python's opensource collaborative development.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.